Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles
are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic
computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to
repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
This repair shop went out of their way to try and fix my car. When they realized I have a problem that needs a dealer part they were upfront and did not charge me anything, even though this took time for him to diagnose. He even got the top up on my car so it wouldn't get wet. I will be back to this shop for any repairs I need in the future.
I haven't even retried my vehicle, which will be done today, but I already know the job will be A+. I've been bringing our fleet to John for a couple years now and I can say he's always my first choice for auto repair. I love his prices they are fair, his work is always right, and how he treats everyone the same. I always feel welcomed. What I love most is he's honest. If he can't do it, he'll tell me up front and often recommend who can. Thanks so much John. I truly appreciate your services.